Amazon firestick changed the dynamics of the entire entertainment world by giving us a device to connect to our TV anywhere in this world. The only requirement for connecting a Firestick is that is should have an HDMI port, which mostly all TV sets have now. The technology blew everyone and it comes as no surprise that today, many people are traveling with their firesticks and enjoying their favorite shows on the go. But all too good comes with some problems also, right?
How to Connect Firestick to Wifi Without Remote?
Now that people have started using Firestick and carrying it around, many of them have faced a similar problem. It is usual to forget the remote of your Firestick at home while traveling. And you need a remote for connecting your Firestick to WiFi for watching your favorite shows. To help you with such situations, I have come up with the ideas on how to connect Firestick to WiFi without remote.
There are two easy ways that you can use to connect Firestick to WiFi with no remote. I will describe these procedures in detail to give you all the information and the complete process.
1. Smartphone at your rescue
A smartphone is literally a savior in times like these. Chances of forgetting a remote are high, but you can’t forget your phone. Do you? Amazon offers an app for all the smartphone users to use Firestick on their TV. But here is a catch! Firestick can only be connected to WiFi and not to the internet on your phone. There are chances that you have connected Firestick to your home network, which is difficult to change at this time. So for solving this problem, you need two smartphones or a smartphone and tablet.
For a smartphone to work as remote, it is essential to have both Firestick and the smartphone connected to the same WiFi connection. Follow this procedure step-by-step to connect Firestick to WiFi:
- Take your first smartphone and set the SSID and password for its hotspot similar to your home network. Do this to mimic the home network so that your Firestick can be connected to it easily.
- Download the Amazon FireTV app on your second smartphone or tablet.
- Connect this second device with the app to the local network by switching on the hotspot. Make sure that both your phone with the app and Firestick are connected to the first device’s network.
- Once both are connected, your second device can see and control the Firestick. Connect your Firestick to the TV and use the second device as your remote control for the same.
- If you want to change the network connection and want to connect it to other WiFi networks, then you can do it with the help of the second device.
- With the help of the second device, navigate and select another wireless connection. Connect to that network and voila it’s done.
- Turn your hotspot off and now you can use either of your smartphones as a remote for your Firestick.
2. HDMI CEC remotes
If the first procedure seems a little challenging to you, then you can opt for this simpler procedure. There are many stores where you can find third-party remotes for Smart TVs, Apple TV, etc. These remorts are universal and work well with all types of TV. These remort are made using the principal of HDMI CEC. Any TV that has an HDMI port can be connected to this remote. CEC stands for Customer Electronics Control. In short, you can connect this universal remote to your TV via HDMI port.
Before connecting CEC remort, check if there is the availability of this mode on your TV. As many TV models do not have the option, whereas the rest of the brands label it differently than the HDMI CEC device control. For searching this, Go to Settings – Display and Sounds and see if there is an option available for the same.
If you find the option of HDMI CEC device control, then enable it to use it further.
Connect your Firestick to the TV and then connect the CEC device too. You will be able to set up both the devices and use the HDMI CEC device as a remote for your Firestick. However, you will not have access to the voice control features in this remote.
Both above-stated methods work well to connect Firestick to WiFi without remote. While using the first method, just make sure that your smartphone and Firestick are connected to the same WiFi network for the device to control the stick. You can also get the online tutorials for the same easily. Follow the procedure stepwise and connect your Firestick to the WiFi without remote. You can also check with the guidelines and community answers on the official Amazon site.
Fire tv stick remote don’t work I have a different wifi and can’t change old Wi-Fi to new wifi please help