Getting a fast signal across the house can be challenging unless you have an Ethernet cable. But a cable running in every room is highly inconvenient. It looks bad and poses risks. You can, of course, run it underground but that takes extra investment and time.
The alternative to this problem is relying on the router but a single router may not give you the range you are expecting. You will need 2 routers for this.
Can You Connect 2 Wi-Fi Routers Without Cable?
Yes, it is easily possible to connect 2 routers without the help of a cable to extend the range. The benefits of doing so are as follows:
- Maintenance-free installation
- You can do it yourself
- No need to invest in additional cables
- Long-term solution at home and in offices
How To Connect 2 Wi-Fi Routers Without Cable
While there are a couple of ways to extend range wirelessly using 2 routers, we shall explain the easiest one.
- Both your routers must be compatible. It will be easier if they are the same model.
- Once you ensure that, bring both your routers near the computer and start the primary router setup process. The router will come with steps and instructions for this.
- Open a web browser and enter the main router’s IP address. This will help you configure it. If you are unable to find the steps, find the documentation online.
- Now configure the second router. Connect it with an Ethernet cable to the same computer and log in for configuration. Find the wireless or Internet page now.
- Here you will find the Bridge Mode. In some instances, it may also be referred to as the Repeater Mode. It will appear in the Network Mode or Connection Type.
- Now, bring the second router’s IP in the first router’s range.
- Give it a name.
- Place it in a place where it can get 50% or more strength from the primary router.
- You are done!
Please note that if you do not see Bridge Mode or Connection Type, it means that the router is not compatible and does not support bridging. You will need to change the router itself.
The steps above require just a little attention and focus. It is a one-time process that will seamlessly extend the range of your Internet, allowing you to enjoy it in all rooms at home. If the steps are not clear or if you need any additional assistance, please feel free to speak to us.