Google Analytics is coming up with lots of cool features very frequently. Thus the usage and work flow changes frequently too. Recently website property are being renamed as “Views” in Google Analytics. Also the process or steps to delete these website property or view is different now. Thus I made this video and blog post to help you.
Remember that when you delete your view or website property, you also delete all data associated with that view or website. Once done it’s is not possible to get back that deleted data. So decide properly if you really want to delete your view/website property forever.
So without further ado here are the steps to delete website property (view) from your Google analytics account.
- Go to Admin at the top of any Analytics page.
- Use the menu in the PROPERTY column to select the view you want to delete.
- Then click on “View Settings” from VIEW column.
- Click on “Delete view” at bottom of the page.
- Confirm your delete by clicking on “Delete view” button.
Now you will not be able to see that website property in your dashboard. All the data related to that property is gone.
I hope you find this tutorial helpful. Please share and comment.