Most Graphics cards that you find today are dual-slot ones. This is because they come with a powerful GPU and larger heatsink that has more than one fan. This in turn would increase the height of the graphics card. But what would you do if you have lesser space on your system? We would advise you to invest in a single slot GPU so that you can have more space in your compact computer case. These single-slot Graphical Processing Units generally consume lesser power and are said to be better for ventilation in your case.
Having the right one for your system will give you an empty slot on your case on top of the other features. You must note that these single-slot graphics cards go well with basic gaming and graphics-related work.
Let us now move on to know more about the fastest single slot GPU that is sure to give you an edge while working. Read our list of the best single slot GPU to get some insights about the graphics card and the features you should be expecting.
Best Single Slot GPU
1. ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 Graphics Card
The Asus NVIDIA GT 710 is a compact graphics with 4 HDMI outputs. It is one of the very few cards that are capable of supporting up to 4 displays at the same time. You would be able to view high-quality videos in all of your connected displays. Read on to know more about GeForce GT 710 Single-slot graphics card:
- It is manufactured with an AUTO-EXTREME technology ensuring reliability at every step.
- This card is taken through a 144 hours validation process including a series of tests before bringing it to the customers to verify its compatibility and stability.
- It has a single slot design that makes it easier to fit into a smaller chassis and you can also have more room for additional PCI-E devices.
- They are designed with heatsinks such that the larger surface area makes the cooling process passive so that no sound is produced.
- It features a Tweak II GPU that provides intuitive performance tweaking in addition to thermal controlling and system monitoring.
[i2pc show_title=”false” title=”Pros & Cons” show_button=”false” pros_title=”Pros” cons_title=”Cons” ][i2pros]Occupies less space and leaves room for other devices.
Effective for high definition and silent home theatres and multimedia centers.
Convenient for multitasking on multiple displays.
[/i2pros][i2cons]Only HDMI outputs available
Not ideal for gaming
2. EVGA GT 710 Single Slot, Dual DVI 02G-P3-2717-KR
The EVGA GT 710 is one of the most affordable GPUs on our list. It delivers 10x better performance compared to the integrated graphics. The GT 710 promises better and higher 3D gaming performance. You can also use this card for workstations and crunching spreadsheets. Know more about the EVGA Dual DVI Single Slot GPU below:
- This card can support up to 3 display monitors.
- The recommended PSU is 300W or higher.
- It features 192 Pixel pipelines also known as CUDA core.
- The maximum resolution for this card is 4096 x 2160.
- It is a single-slot card saving space in your system for other devices.
- The memory bandwidth is 14.4 GB/s and the memory speed is 1.1 ns.
[i2pc show_title=”false” title=”Pros & Cons” show_button=”false” pros_title=”Pros” cons_title=”Cons” ][i2pros]Three different types of outputs- HDMI, DVI, and VGA.
You can run the sound through the HDMI slot.
Ideal for Dell servers with x8 PCI-E slots.
Good for basic desktop work and simple games.
Easy installation process.
24/7 EVGA’s technical support
[/i2pros][i2cons]The drivers have to be downloaded from the EVGA website.
Need an HDMI cable compatible with the available slot.
3. PNY Quadro P620 Graphic Card
The PNY Quadro P620 provides amazing performance for professional workflows with its 512 CUDA core NVIDIA Quadro Pascal GPU, large onboard memory, and advanced display technology. Find out more about NVIDIA QUADRO P620 below:
- It features 2GB of ultra-fast GPU memory.
- It has a flexible single-slot and low profile form factor, that can be fit in any small space.
- This card supports displays at up to 5K resolution.
- You can combine multiple P620 cards to get an even larger visual workspace.
- It features H.264/HEVC encode and decode engines.
[i2pc show_title=”false” title=”Pros & Cons” show_button=”false” pros_title=”Pros” cons_title=”Cons” ][i2pros]Ideal for editors, artists, architects, designers, and engineers among others.
It is compatible with most space-constrained spaces.
Supports four 4K displays at a given point of time.
Enables you to create models with more details and complexity.
It is easy to install and use and comes at an affordable price.
[/i2pros][i2cons]Drivers installation is a bit tricky for some systems.[/i2cons][/i2pc]
4. ZOTAC GeForce GT 710 Passive Cooled Single Slot Low Profile Graphics Card
The ZOTAC GeForce is a single slot low profile graphics card ideal for upgrading your systems to view up to 3 displays and multitasking. It has a power requirement of a 300-watt power supply. Read below to know more about this graphics card:
- It features passive fanless cooling.
- The max power consumption on this card is 25 Watts.
- It has a 64-bit memory bus.
- It supports Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP.
- The package contains a ZT-71302-20L, Low profile I/O bracket, driver Disk, and a User Manual.
[i2pc show_title=”false” title=”Pros & Cons” show_button=”false” pros_title=”Pros” cons_title=”Cons” ][i2pros]It has an extended warranty with every card.
It has a half-height half-weight form factor.
Connects up to 3 displays- DVI, HDMI, and VGA output.
It can help improve the performance of dated integrated graphics.
Runs smoothly with open-source drivers as well as NVIDIA drivers.
[/i2pros][i2cons]The heatsink won’t work properly if you put it next to another adapter card.[/i2cons][/i2pc]
5. PNY Technologies Nvidia Quadro P4000
The PNY NVIDIA Quadro P4000 is the world’s most powerful single slot professional graphics card. It is based on the 16nm FinFET Plus process technology that packs over 7 million transistors and 1792 CUDA cores and up to 5.3 TFLOPs1 of single-precision computer power. Learn more about this professional graphics card by reading further:
- It dynamically allocates GPU resources for graphics and computes tasks to maximize resource utilization.
- This card delivers faster than real-time performance for transcoding, video editing, and other encoding applications.
- You can view up to four 5K monitors at 60Hz or dual 8K displays per card.
- It features the NVIDIA Quadro View desktop management software that helps to organize single or multi workspaces with ease.
[i2pc show_title=”false” title=”Pros & Cons” show_button=”false” pros_title=”Pros” cons_title=”Cons” ][i2pros]Provides finer grain control over compute tasks and time-sensitive tasks.
You can achieve higher application performance without exceeding the power and thermal envelope.
Increases bandwidth by up to 20%.
Robust control over the stereo effects.
Provides a smooth and immersive 3D stereo experience.
Supports VGA, DVI, and HDMI outputs.
I hope this article has helped you with all your questions related to a single slot video card, single-slot graphics card, and the fastest single slot GPU. Remember to jot down your requirements according to your setups and pick the best single slot GPU for yourself in your budget. Get the best from our list and enjoy your workspace.