The i7 6700K is an extremely good computer that lets you give your best at work and while gaming. We call it the complete package because it serves all needs. Now, with something as powerful as the i7 6700K comes great responsibility. It is up to you to take good care of it so that it lasts long and gives you the best gaming and work experience possible. One of the first things you should do to ensure this is to buy the best air cooler for i7 6700K
A CPU cooler will help keep the CPU cool and quiet even when you overclock it. We are sure this is a desirable quality! Imagine having to listen to your computer get hot and angry every time you want to play your favorite game. It is not just annoying, it is also dangerous. A hot system can stop working completely and/or damage the other parts.
Why Purchase a New CPU Cooler?
This question arises quite often and rightly so. When a CPU already has a cooler/fan, why should you invest in a better one? This is because the in-built cooler is usually not powerful enough to handle overclocking. If you do it once in a while, you can stick to the original product but if you frequently overclock your computer, you will definitely need something stronger to avoid overheating. A good cooler will bestow upon your CPU the following benefits:
- Increases its lifespan
- Keeps it stable
- Makes sure there’s little to no noise
- Improves its performance
Why Choose Air Coolers?
CPU coolers are of different types. The most popular ones are liquid coolers and air coolers. The latter got a bad rap because they did not reduce the noise level all the way to zero. Liquid coolers, thus, were supposed to be better and more efficient. However, the latest models have surpassed expectations and are just as good as liquid coolers in terms of performance. What’s more, they are cheaper and easier to install. This is why we suggest that you choose air coolers over liquid coolers.
Best Air Cooler for i7 6700K
It’s time to go through our expert picks so that you choose the best air cooler for your amazing CPU.
1. Noctua NH-U1AS
The Noctua air cooler is often given credit for changing the air cooler game. It is an award-winning cooler with an excellent design and superior performance. Below are a few important details:
- It has a single-tower design that measures around 140mm. Its size ensures that it doesn’t occupy too much space or overhang any of the neighboring slots.
- The fan has a maximum rotational speed of 1500 RPM.
- It comes with PWM support, which enables speed control. On the other hand, its low-noise adaptor ensures almost silent operation.
- The body of the cooler is made of copper while the cooling fins are made of aluminum.
- This is a high-end cooler with multiple premium parts such as superior quality thermal paste and a SecuFirm2 mounting system.
- It operates at a noise level of 24.6 dB at high speed.
- You get an astounding 6-year manufacturer’s warranty on this product.
As good as liquid coolers in terms of noise levels and performance
Very easy to install[/i2pros]
Larger than some of its counterparts[/i2cons][/i2pc]
2. Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler
Cooler Master is a well-known brand when it comes to CPU coolers. Its products are not just reliable but also quite affordable. This particular model has earned the title of “Amazon’s Choice” due to its popularity and customer reviews. Let’s see why you should buy it as well:
- It comes in 2 variations – 2 heat pipes and 4 heat pipes.
- The cooler has a 120mm PWM fan, which is easy to mount and does not occupy too much space.
- The noise level is around 36 dB. This is not silent, of course, but it is good enough for its price range.
- The heat pipes have been designed with the use of patented CDC technology for seamless heat conduction.
- The fan has wave-shaped blades that enable superior airflow.
- It allows fin optimization so that you enjoy the best at low and high speed.
Accommodates a second fan[/i2pros]
Hard to install
3. Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler
Its name says it all, doesn’t it? This particular cooler is just as cool as its name, both in terms of efficiency and appearance. It has been designed to be sleek and aesthetic, and comes with the following features:
- Its PWM fan measures 135mm.
- It is super quiet cooler that only goes as high as 21.4 dB even at high speed.
- The cooler has 6 heat pipes that are made of copper and promise excellent performance.
- The cooling fins of this CPU cooler are wave-contoured as well as airflow-optimized.
- You can mount the unit from above, making it very easy to install.
- The fan comes with additional fan clips to install a second fan when the need arises.
- The manufacturers provide a warranty of 3 years.
Comes with a complete installation kit
Superior cooling at very low noise[/i2pros]
4. Cooler Master MasterAir G100M Air Cooler
If you want an air cooler that not only performs well but also adds a unique aesthetic appeal to your computer, this is the one to go with. It is flashy and functional at the same time! Keep reading to find out more:
- It reaches 30 dB at maximum speed, which is quite good.
- It is a small cooler at just 74.5mm, making it the smallest one on our list.
- The cooler comes with a wired RGB controller that lets you decide the colors and effects.
- It works on a custom copper heat technology that contributes to very good cooling and heat transfer. It does so by increasing the surface area for direct contact.
- It has a copper base and aluminum fins.
Compact – suitable for small systems
Hard to install due to unclear instructions[/i2cons][/i2pc]
5. Noctua NH-D9L
This is another excellent cooler from Noctua at a fair price. It is a premium CPU cooler that comes with all the features you expect. Here’s a closer look:
- It has a dual-tower design with a sturdy case.
- It operates at 22.8 dB, which is extremely quiet. Its maximum rotational speed is 2000 RPM.
- Its height is merely 110mm. This makes it an ideal choice for computers with a small form factor.
- The fan measures 92mm and comes with PWM support.
- Its low-noise adaptor makes sure it operates quietly.
- The cooler has a SecFirm2 mounting system (multi-socket) that makes installation a breeze.
- It is compatible with RAM and PCIe.
- You will get a warranty of 6 years on this product.
Extremely quiet operation
Easy to install
People Also Ask (FAQs)
Now that you have a clear idea about the best air coolers for i7 6700K, let’s quickly go through some FAQs to clear your doubts.
What Types of Coolers are Good for i7 6700K?
You can choose liquid or air coolers. They perform well. However, air coolers have the advantage of being more affordable.
Does a CPU Cooler Need to be Cleaned?
Yes, just like any other part, you must periodically clean it for optimal operation.
What Are the Factors to Consider to Buy the Best Air Cooler for i7 6700K?
- Noise levels
- Size of the cooler
- Cooling temperature
All the aforementioned air coolers perform well and deliver the efficiency you need. They are, however, different in terms of specific features and price. This variation will help you make the best choice and not be confused due to similarities. Make sure you compare them all before deciding. All the best!